Conditions and General Instructions (Tourist Companies and Travel Agents)
These are the conditions that must be satisfied by the organizer, whether for the purpose of activating the organizer’s previous number of pilgrims or increasing the share designated for him. In addition, they clarify the instructions that must be followed by each organizer who desires to organize the pilgrims arrival activity. These conditions and instructions are as follows:
1. Completion of the form designated for the required service.
2. Completion of the undertakings and declarations forms.
3. Payment of the fees pertaining to the administrative services at the Tawafa Establishment at the rate of :
- S.R. 500 for each organizer of the (50-450 pilgrims) category.
- S.R. 1000 for each organizer of the (900 pilgrims and more) category.
4. Filing the following official documents:
· A copy of the organizer’s activity record issued by the competent authority in his state and certified by the Kingdom’s Embassy in his country.
· A copy of the organizer’s activity record issued by the competent authority in his state, certified by the Kingdom’s Embassy in his country.
· Evidence of the organizer’s ownership, certified by the Kingdom’s Embassy in his country.
· If the organizer’s representative is authorized by it, he shall produce the authorization to complete all the requirements necessary to organize the arrival of pilgrims, certified by the Kingdom’s Embassy in his country.
· The application form, after filling up, signing and stamping same with the organizer’s stamp.
· The forms pertaining to the Undertakings and Declarations after signing and stamping same with the organizer’s stamp.
· Two photos of the person authorized to execute contracts and agreements.
5. Declaration of being a member of IATA Organization or any accredited international organization in the same field within a period not exceeding one year of the date of approval of the application.
6. Refraining from making any agreements or contracts with pilgrims except after obtaining the approval of the Ministry of Hajj in respect of the designated number of pilgrims.
7. Finalizing the execution of the contracts pertaining to the services and accommodation in Makkah Al-Mukarramah and Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah for all the approved number of pilgrims after obtaining the organizer’s card from the Tawafa Establishment in Makkah Al-Mukarramah, within the dates specified in the instructions pertaining to the arrival of pilgrims through tourist companies and travel agents.
8. Refraining from executing service contracts with a Tawafa establishment other than the Tawafa establishment responsible for the nationality of the state from which the work permission was obtained.
9. Refraining from delegating any person from outside the organizer’s country to complete the formalities or execute the contracts pertaining to the organizer.
10. Compliance with the rule that the delegate shall not be a representative of more than one organizer.
11. It is not permissible for a single travel/tourist company to use two or more organizers in its employment to apply for permission to organize separate pilgrim groups in the same country. In case such a violation is established, the travel/tourist company and all the organizers pertaining to that organizer shall be disqualified.
12. The deadline for the over land travel of the Pilgrims to Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah before heading to the Holy Places is the end of the Twenty Fifth of Dhil Qi’dah. In case of the pilgrims’ desire to travel to Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah after that date, such travel shall be possible only by air, and not later than the Second of Dhil Hijjah.
13. The deadline for the travel of the Pilgrims to Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah before heading to the Holy Sites is the Fifth of Dhil Hijjah. Thereafter, the Pilgrims should head to their residence that is prepared for them in Makkah Al-Mukarramah, and they will not be permitted to head directly to the Holy Sites.
14. The dates of the arrival and departure of the pilgrims shall be linked to the actual dates of the residence contracts that are executed for pilgrims, whether in Makkah Al-Mukarramah or Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah.
15. In case the organizer ceases to practice the activity of organizing pilgrim groups travel in any Hajj season, any subsequent application from such an organizer shall be considered as a new application for registration, unless the causes of his stoppage were beyond the organizer’s control, and unless the Ministry of Hajj is satisfied with such causes.
16. The filing of applications and the approaching of the authorities shall be as indicated in this Guide.